Attention parents! The next commission meeting is scheduled. Please click “going” or “interested” so you’ll get the reminders as the meeting nears. We plan to post the link to the audio on the day of the event.
Hi Everyone! Looking forward to our opportunity to advocate for school choice on Thursday at the first Commission meeting post-Attorney General's decision on the illegal April PCSC Executive Session.
If you can be there to talk about why school choice is important to you-- we really need you to!
A few things to note:
1. Recall that the illegal executive session revealed the commission's intent to close several schools. Some of the schools discussed are the only option a parent has for their child.
2. Also recall that we posted on our website a contrast between what the staff and commissioners say in public meetings versus private meetings. In Public- they say they can't close the schools.... in private, they spend two hours talking about how they will skirt the law to close them, how the governor's office/SBOE/ and legislators can be manipulated into agreeing with them. This is something the commission's staff has been trained by national organizations to do-- manipulate our elected officials.
3. Don't forget the commission held a special meeting to allow the public to "vent" and in this meeting they passed a resolution to apologize for breaking open meeting law. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE SORRY FOR PLOTTING TO CLOSE OUR SCHOOLS WITHOUT DUE PROCESS FOR THE SCHOOLS DISCUSSED.
4. In the testimony at the special commission meeting on April 1st, we heard from school after school that claimed the commission's staff has a hit list-- and the schools on that list have experienced their data being manipulated by commission staff in an effort to paint their school as failing-- and, there is no process to have it corrected-- even after pointing it out to the staff it is still presented to commissioners incorrectly.
5. In odd news: We would share the link to the audio/video of the special meeting but Idaho Public Television tells us the commission's staff specifically asked them not to save it on their website. We've requested the audio from the meeting and will have it on our website as soon as it is received.
Parents, we need you now more than ever. Just being present will go a long way! Hope to see you there.
FROM THE COMMISSION: Updated Meeting Materials and Agenda
Dear Charter School Board Members, Administrators, and Stakeholders:
The next regular meeting of the Idaho Public Charter School Commission (PCSC) will be held on Thursday, August 15, 2019, in Boise at the Capitol Building, EW 41 at 9:00AM. If you will be submitting materials for the PCSC’s consideration, such materials are due in the PCSC office by 5:00pm MST on July 17, 2019.
Meeting materials submission policies are available on the PCSC website. It is your responsibility to read and abide by them. Materials submitted late or otherwise out of compliance with the policies will be rejected.
Reminder #1: If your school is considering submitting charter amendments for approval, please contact me prior to submitting amendments to the PCSC to discuss whether such amendments are necessary at this time. Statutory changes have minimized the role of charters in the PCSC’s accountability and oversight practices, so we would like to guide you in considering your options.
Reminder #2: If your school is considering submitting charter or performance certificate amendment(s) for approval, please contact me to establish a timeline for submission in advance of the meeting materials deadline to ensure PCSC staff has adequate time for review and to meet our statutory obligations (as applicable).
The tentative agenda for the meeting is listed below; please notify me as soon as possible if you believe your school should be added to this list:
A. Commission Work
1. Agenda Review / Approval (Action Item)
2. Minutes Review / Approval (Action Item)
B. Adoption of Charter School Performance Certificate
1. MOSAICS Public School (Action Item)
1. Peace Valley Charter School – Condition Status Update (Action Item)
The meeting will begin at 9:00am; it is not possible for us to predict the time when your agenda item will be considered. The next scheduled PCSC regular meeting following the August meeting will be on October 10, 2019.